Cauliflower “Potato” Salad Recipe
By Personal Trainer, Megan Hinchley from ThrivePT
I was recently searching for some new salad recipes and came across this one, which I just had to try! This recipe is a great healthy alternative to a creamy potato salad. I tried it and now it is something I make regularly as a side to some protein. It will be a great salad to take to BBQ’s, with the Australian summer just around the corner!
- 1 head cauliflower
- Canola oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Slice cauliflower into small florets
- Place cauliflower onto baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, and lightly spray canola oil over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a bit crispy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, mustard, honey, dill, garlic and lemon juice .
- Then combine, in the same bowl, the onion, celery and eggs. Set aside.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, set aside and let cool slightly before adding to the bowl. Combine all ingredients together.