By Personal Trainer, Megan Hinchley from ThrivePT
Love pizza? But need to find an alternative to the doughy variety? I really love this cauliflower pizza recipe. The base is simple and easy to make and you can change the toppings to suit your appetite!
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup low fat, cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1tbsp dried chill flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- Handful of basil
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or left over BBQ chicken)
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan forced oven). Line an oven tray with baking paper
- Place chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes or until very tender. Drain water out of the container and then process the cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine cauliflower, egg, chilli flakes and 1/2 cup of cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Press cauliflower mixture firmly into the oven tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Once out of the oven, spread tomato paste over base and top with basil, chopped tomatoes, chicken and sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.